Thursday, July 23, 2009

Getting Anxious
















I just remembered that I started a blog site for when Jon and I decided to move from Atlanta. Wow, so much has changed since then!

We moved to Chicago over a year ago now and we've been through a lot since then. I started my job at the beginning of August, we lived with Maryn for way longer than we expected (and more than she probably wanted :)), we found our dream apartment which is quite spacious, we moved in on my 27th birthday, we got our Barley bear right away, we celebrated the holidays with family and friends, and in early January we discovered we are having a baby! We didn't think we'd make it through the cold winter and every time Jon would go outside to take Barley on a walk he would become angry at how cold and miserable it was here in Chicago. Winter lasted entirely too long, but for me it passed by because I slept through most of it. Being tired was about the only major symptom I had during my first trimester.

Since then the time has flown by and now I've only got 8 more weeks until my due date. During my pregnancy we got to meet Victoria Webb and hopefully in a few weeks we'll get to meet Baby Bricking!

Jon and I decided it'd be more fun to be surprised on the gender of our baby and I'm still loving that we don't know. Although we have quite a few outfits that are yellow and have ducks on them, but all baby stuff is adorable so we don't mind.

I'm nesting and getting the home ready for the baby. I have the room almost completely organized. We just need a few more items and we'll be all set. I email Jon often with lists of things to do and take care of before the baby arrives.

It's been a very mild and almost cool summer in Chicago, which has been nice for me, but not to nice for everyone else. It doesn't really feel like summer and it's nearly the end of July. We had about one week of really hot weather and otherwise it's cool or rainy. Hopefully summer is just holding out and I'll get to enjoy a beautiful fall during my maternity leave.

Here are some pictures of the baby room. I love the picture that Erica found at Steinmart. It works perfectly in the room.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...