Daddy dropped Evelyn at daycare and I luckily got out of orientation early enough to pick her up. I was so happy to see my baby girl! I was nervous that she wouldn't do well because she hadn't been napping great or been on a great schedule because of all the running around I've been doing. I emailed Nikki, the babysitter, Sunday and sort of scared her that Evelyn may cry a lot, but she did great!! Nikki said she was afraid she'd have to hold her all day but Evelyn was so happy all day smiling and chatting away. She napped really well and had a perfect schedule! What a wonderful baby we have! She was so happy when I got there and I could tell she already loved Nikki! Such a wonderful feeling to know she is in good hands!
The week continued on and we made our schedules work. It;s nice that Jon can spend a couple hours with Evelyn in the morning and then I can at night. It's a struggle to keep her up until daddy gets home at 7:00pm so she typically goes down soon after he walks in the door. I don't even see her in the mornings because I leave before 7:00am and she is still sleeping.
Last weekend I made some baby food and she tried them out this week. So far she's eaten zucchini and sweet potatoes. She loves food and tries to grab the spoon to feed herself. She's also quite independent when it comes to her bottle, she has to have both hands on it and is nearly feeding herself now. Amazing how fast she is growing up!
The many faces of Evelyn:
I think she is definitely working on some teeth. She is fussier now and always chewing on her fingers or pacifier.
Wanting to take over and feed herself.
Loving the zucchini.
She couldn't stay awake this night and fell asleep standing in her exersaucer!
No comments:
Post a Comment