Today is Evelyn's last day with the very best babysitter in the world.
You know, in the back of my head I knew it wouldn't last. People of this caliber don't voluntarily stay at home to watch 5 kids and work 60 hour weeks. Anyone who chooses to do that is slightly off their rocker. Stephanie is not off her rocker. Unfortunately.
Evelyn and I always took the slightly longer route to Stephanie's every morning. It took us over Geist Reservoir and we would talk about the fishes, the boats, the yacht club, the fishermen, the bastard people who somehow are lounging in a boat on Thursday morning. Early on Evelyn said to me, "Dad it's a sad day when we don't have time to spare a couple minutes and take the longer way so we can see the water." She was right and we always took the long way. We'll miss going over the water every morning.
The hardest part of this is realizing that it's not very likely we'll find a new sitter who will match Stephanie. Daily infant reports, photo albums, quad strollers and trips to the library, the zoo, Conner Prairie, the park and water parks, wow just typing this out makes me tired.
And smoothies for breakfast!
Thank you Stephanie for setting a new bar in day care excellence.
Thanks for being our superstar babysitter.
1 comment:
Can't say I am not terribly excited about this new chapter in my life...but I will definitely miss our Evy-Evy-Evelyn! You guys have been wonderful, and I really enjoyed getting to know you. And yes Jon, you are invited to our Christmas party to serve as eye candy :)
Post a Comment