2011 will be remembered as a great December. Like the end of Christmas Vacation, Clark whispers, "I did it.", we too did it all, and it was all so special.
We traveled to Milwaukee not fully being aware of how full the itinerary we planned was. But with Heidi's incredible skills for organization, planning, energy, and get er done-ness, we did it. I was lucky to grab her coattails and reap the benefits. Who needs to hear? Not me! Crippling Tinnitus? Pshh! Exhausting schedule? Pay no mind! I've got Heidi. Thank you babe.
I am an unremarkable and very lucky person. It boggles my mind that I have so many people to see, to enjoy, to love. It was a great feeling to have too much to do and not enough time.
Rather than bore you to death with a 100 picture slideshow, I thought we'd bore you slowly, with a bunch of little slideshows, and a favorite picture from each.
You wave that magical Christmas wand and everything is a little happier, a little softer, a little more meaningful.
First we went to the Toths to see my beautiful Goddaughter.
Then it was the Round Robin.
My favorite line of the evening came from Geoff, when Kristina was asking to leave. "You're right Kristina we better hurry! We best hurry and get back to the mundane routine of our daily lives."
We stayed until 4 am.
The next morning, which came so quickly for some reason?, it was off to Madison to see the Grants and the heroic twin boys Dominic and Elijah.
So handsome Elijah. Really working the camera for such a little guy.
That night we visited with the lovely alumni of Marquette. We no longer hold that against them. We left Evelyn behind and Lydia absolutely loved being the star of the show with Jake.
The next morning we went to our annual breakfast with Grampa Ehlke. The girls had so much fun with Grampa and the lighting in these Greek breakfast restaurants is fantastic.
Grama and Evelyn made some cookies too. With the same cookie cutters that her Daddy remembers using. Lydia enjoyed hanging out with her Uncle Robby, who, according to Evelyn, owned the house we were staying at. Thanks for letting us crash there, Uncle Robby.
The next day was the legendary NOTME, where Amy's Norwegian Slippers ruled the day. I can't wait for the matching pajamas next year.
Mia's the best. I love Mia.
Back home we had a glorious Christmas Eve, where the bottle of Jameson ruled the gift exchange. It's such an honor to be part of so many families. I need to figure out how to use flash. Someday. In the meantime enjoy the color faded shots after dark. For the next few years.
I was the first up on Christmas morning. After making a fire, brewing some coffee, and rearranging Heidi's present distribution under the tree, I had some time to myself. I remember thinking both, that the morning didn't feel all that different or special and how excited I was. Both were 100% true. While Christmas only comes one day a year, Heidi and I get to be so excited for every day with our girls. Evelyn is just so much fun it's kind of ridiculous. Lydia is the most tranquil angelic little girl I've ever met. While I got some pretty cool Team Logo License Plates for the car, I'm most excited to spend every day with the most perfect family I could have imagined. I am truly sad to see December end. But every day is Christmas Day, and that is the second greatest gift.
Two days later, it finally snowed. But it didn't last.
C'mon snow for crying out loud we are getting pretty annoyed over here. Let's go winter! We are literally sitting by the window waiting for snow to come...
Let's Go Winter Let's Go!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.











No comments:
Post a Comment