"What?! You're going to bed!?" I exclaimed, "It's EIGHT fifty-nine! C'mmMON!"
"It's NINE o'clock!" Heidi said, and the discussion ended there.
she won that argument. I guess.
I hit the sofa pillow though, with my fist. I like to think that's the last word and secret winner.
As of 9:20 Evelyn was still wide awake, apparently singing "cinderelly, cinderelly day and night." more like, "CINDERELLY CINDERELLY DAY AND NIGHT".
I say if your 2 year old child is still awake and you're going to bed you lose that bedtime argument.
I was looking at my Instagram feed today and my brother Chad has apparently been climbing to some mountaintop somewhere. Not hiking, but like pickaxe, hanging tents from cliffs, climbing, climbing, to a mountaintop. Amazing.
And I remember I read on Facebook once, something about how raising kids is like climbing a mountain. You don't stop and enjoy the view often but when you do, it's breathtaking.
Which makes me think of Martin Luther King Jr's sermon I've Been to the Mountaintop which ends, "I'm happy tonite; I'm not worried about anything; I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord."
Instagram, Facebook, listening to sermons on tape. If there was any doubt about the boring-ness of my life let that be laid to rest now.
Anyway so it all comes together. This lead to me trying to find some interesting moments to blog about. Some views from some mountaintops. I'm certain there have been some. I'm hopeful there have been some. We have seen these mountaintops worth blogging about.
These are the views:
Playing what's wrong with my hair?
Mornings together.
Smoothies when there is time.
When Lydia fell asleep on the couch, probably watching golf.
When Evelyn, no.
When Evelyn, no.
Evelyn, yes! Great job telling Bear to sit and shake! Great job!
When Evelyn made a puzzle fort (to keep Lydia from eating the puzzle pieces).
Lydi being Lydi.
Here they are, the mountaintops. These moments.
And I'll tell you what, I might not have time to climb a real mountaintop and Instagram about it, but it's like Facebook said: the views from this little mountain, yes they are amazing. I'm happy tonite, I'm not worried about anything.







No comments:
Post a Comment