Saturday, May 11, 2013

Time for Change

A dear friend wrote me an email about 11 years ago.  It was about his life and it said, "this whole adventure...everything, was given to me freely, apart from worth, just because I was here, just because our hands were open, because it was our turn to be alive."

Monday I left Pulte Homes for a job with a pay cut, a brutal commute, great hours, and weekends off.  It's only been a short week at home, only one Friday night on the books, and already our hands are opening.  There's a little more time for us, for our adventure.

When the sun shines just so on your life, it's important to take note.  It's only going to be there for so long.  Soon things will have changed, just enough to miss how they used to be.  Soon Lydia will use real words to share her endless commentary.  Soon Juliet won't drool so much.  Soon Evelyn will be even awesomer than she is now.

There's that chance we might miss the way things used to be.  

Juliet and her endless spit up/drooling. (Hard to believe we might miss that.)

Lydia and her beautiful gibberish commentary.

Evelyn's Awesomeness.

 It's not that complicated really.
 We've decided to make more time for us.
We've decided to make more cupcakes.
Love this picture.
It's been a short week, but we've already found the blessings a little extra time will give you.
We've taken in a rainstorm.
We've listened to it.
We've taken longer naps.

Enjoyed quiet dinners at home.

It's not just time for baths and popcorn that's changing though. 
With the looming budget cuts, everyone is happy to help out around the house.
Lydia with feeding Barley.
 Evelyn will watch Juliet while mommy cleans.
 If we all work hard, we'll be rewarded with movie time, and eventually more popcorn.

I don't know.  These moments are all so silly but hugely significant to me.  It's important to me that I be here for this adventure.  I've been so blessed with my girls.  And now I have the blessing of more time for these moments of drool, gibberish, and awesomeness.  This adventure is mine to enjoy.  Apart from worth, just because I am here, just because my hands are open.  

Because it's our turn to be alive.

Enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...