Friday, December 13, 2013

Juliet Turns One

Heidi and I have reached a strange place in our lives.  Quite honestly, we're not very used to it.  Over a year ago now, Juliet was born.  As some of us remember, birthing this girl was hard.  Hard on us, hard on the household, hard on our support system.  I don't suppose that a child's first birthday usually brings about an introspective look into one's own life.  It should be, and is, a simple, beautiful affair.  Heidi and I felt differently about this one.  It was simple, and beautiful, but it meant a lot more.  We've been through so much, in our lifestyles, careers, in our home, to get to this place.  And here we are.  The Ehlke Family.  Juliet's 1rst birthday commemorates it, completes the journey.  Completes our family.  It's a strange place, this Ehlke home, a content one.  We don't want for anything.  Life is filled with ups and downs I know.  We're certainly up.  We're certainly blessed, full, happy.  I don't know how anyone gets used to that.

Juliet, our angel.  Happy First Birthday.  You complete us and we love you.

Thank you to everyone that joined us from near and far to celebrate.  We love you and were so glad to have you.


...And now, it's Christmastime!  We have so many pictures already!  Happy Merry Christmas here we go!

1 comment:

Olson said...

What an incredible celebration!! We almost did balloons for Ingrid's first birthday, too! The best idea.. Enjoy the holidays, friends!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...