Thursday, May 8, 2014

Easter Day 2014

Everything happens so quickly these days.  So fast.  Go go go go go go go go go go Go Go GO GO GO GO GO!  In the end the days, even the celebrations, fly by, and I haphazardly snap some photographs in between the "work" that's to be done in keeping the girls fed, clothed, injury-free, and generally happy.

But I know, I've been told, that the days will only increase in their velocity until whoosh! everything stops, the wind dies down, the storm subsides.  And you know where you'll find me?  Drinking a beer flipping through these half-assed pictures I took and thinking maybe these moments were everything, and Man I'm so glad I at least tried to capture some.  Perhaps the kids will join me in their grown-up-ness and make fun that the photos are so old and not in 3-D or something.  And I'll tell them that while these moments raced by, I did my best to capture them with what I had.  Because I always appreciated the beautiful creatures they were, and knew the ones they would one day become, ("dad you're a dork" they'll say. it'll be beautiful.) and these photographs, however out of focus, are everything.  They are all I have of these moments.  It all went so fast.  Man I really need to take more video.

Gotta have the quintessential easter morning on the steps shot.
 Juliet stay!
Like I said, it all happens very very fast.  I speak both metaphorically and literally.

 Evelyn raked it, 
but in the end we were all happy.

And the day doesn't allow for even the extra moment to try and get the traditional couch picture in focus.  Let's just fire away and get rocking.  I tell you what though next year we'll make the time, I'm going to make sure we're in focus for this moment.

After church it's the Schweitzers.  When Mary Lou makes breakfast, and/or breakfast beverages, there is always something very special, very comforting about that.  And for the kids, it's especially special when paired with donuts.
Then there's the egg hunt.
And we find the moments for a little smile,
a family picture,
maybe throw in a birthday celebration,
 or two,
 play some Bricking baseball,
on rare occasion, if the day allows for extra, there's even time for a walk,
man that girl is really getting some use out of that dress.  I hope we can maybe make it an Easter thing to ride bikes in dresses.  You gotta make some traditions to try and slow it down you know.
It goes fast, and slightly out of control.
What a celebration day!  Thank you Jesus for Your resurrection, thank you for everything!  Teach us to appreciate it all, with photos or any way we can.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...