Wednesday, April 16, 2025

Happiness Project Tween Years

Per Jets request, we are resurrecting (Happy Easter everyone!) the Happiness Project. Let’s call it Happiness Project - The Tween Years.

The Ehlke Family is hitting our stride these days, staying busy, staying healthy, feeling challenged, feeling grateful. Feeling Happy. Want to memorialize some of these times by writing em down.

Apparently we’re raising some comediennes around here. Tonite’s story:

At dinner wise father (me) spent some time dropping some wisdom bombs on the girls. What if, instead of saying “I have to feed the dog, I have to make my bed, I have to do my homework, I have to go to bed… we say I get to? I get to feed our doggy! I get to make my warm comfy bed. I get to learn and grow… it changes everything. It’s not a burden but a joy to do a chore”. Etc etc.

Of course the girls received this well and, despite their few words, no doubt they were pondering these things in their hearts.

After dinner wise father and Lydia stared cleaning the kitchen and of course dutiful Lid let her sisters know they should be helping, “why are you not helping dad load the dishwasher, he doesn’t need to be doing it alone!?”

Jet: “No Lydia, don’t worry,

Dad gets to load the dishwasher.”


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...