Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week 2 and Evelyn's first bath

We are getting settled into life with Evelyn. Jon has been quite busy with work and often has to run out for showings and meetings with clients, which is a great thing. I think Evelyn has been a good luck charm for his business. Evelyn and I are enjoying our days and have even started to go on a few walks. I'm not quite brave enough to head out with Barley and Evelyn without someone else with me. We need to take advantage of the decent weather right now because who knows when winter will arrive and we'll be stuck indoors.

We gave Evelyn her first bath the other night and she wasn't too fond of it. She slept great that night though! She has been sleeping pretty well at night and we can get in about 4-hour "naps" between feedings. She had her first fussy afternoon yesterday where I could barely do much of anything to calm her down. Our neighbors were kind enough to take Barley off my hands for a little while since Jon was doing a showing. So I'm thankful for her many naps right now because I know life will change when she is awake more often and a lot more fussy! She's as cute as can be and still swimming in her newborn clothes. Good thing Victoria lent us a few preemie outfits to wear.

2 comments:

Ken said...

WOW, things progress quickly when a new one is brought in to your world.
Enjoy all of these first!
You'll find yourself's doing for children for many years but the early first set the tone.
Great to see you and Jon becoming so comfortable with parenting. Keep up the good work.Love Dad

Unknown said...

She is adorable...I love the outfits that cousin Victoria was able to hand down her way! :) Miss you guys. See you soon. Love Erica

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...