Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Fun

I can't believe it's been two weeks since I had Lydia. She is growing and changing so quickly and we are all convinced that she is a little Wyatt! The baby pictures of Wyatt are identical to Lydia- the face (nose and mouth especially) and even mannerisms are so similar. So Miss Lydia is definitely way more Schweitzer!

We've been bouncing back into a normal life fairly quickly and it's been perfect because I want to maximize my time enjoying summer festivities and my time off of work, but I know it is already going too quickly and that makes me sad. Our first week home was fantastic with lots of meals from family and neighbors. We enjoyed a beautiful Father's Day at my Aunt Helen's home on the lake. Jon and I have ventured to the mall on two occasions only to make it to about 2 stores max before Evelyn is out of her stroller and wandering all about. It takes us about 3 hours to get us all ready in the morning and getting out the door is nearly impossible! :) Lydia is a perfect angel though, barely making a peep. She is sleeping for stretches of 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours at night so I don't feel too exhausted. Her whimper to eat is so minimal I have to wake her half the time to eat. We've enjoyed some nice nights at my parents house with the girls. And yesterday my sisters and I took my dad out for his Father's Day gift to a brewery downtown for some beer tasting- it was fantastic! And it was my first time away from Lydia, which was hard to do, but Mimi did a great job and I think she basically slept the whole time I was gone except to wake up and scarf down a bottle!

Life is good and it is continuing to fill up with more fun events to come in July. I'm especially excited for our upcoming trip to Milwaukee to introduce Lydia to more family and take her to her first Brewer tailgate and game! But before that trip I have to survive 4 days and 4 nights without Jon. He is headed up to the Boundary Waters with his buddies for a few days of canoeing and complete seclusion from technology.

Here are a few photos from the last few weeks....there are more, but these are some of my favorites.


She is going to love the ocean in New Jersey, no doubt. She jumped right in the lake and didn't want to leave. She was throwing her whole body in, dipping her head and was happy as can be!




When the camera comes out and we want to take shots of Lydia on the ground, Evelyn is always nearby and ready to lie down next to Lydia. I love how she wanted to hold Lydia's hand!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...