Monday, August 12, 2013

One Year Older, One Year Wiser

Evelyn started her 2nd year of preschool today. It was a slightly different scene from last year,  although some things never change because she still doesn't like to get out of bed in the morning. Evelyn was way more comfortable walking into the preschool this morning, ready to begin a new year of learning and no tears were involved. There are a lot of new kids in her class, but she knows her teacher and the school very well from spending the last year and summer program with them. She was telling me she was ready to ride the school bus on our way to preschool this morning. I made the mistake of mentioning that one day when she goes to kindergarten, in 2 years, that she will ride the school bus. Unfortunately, a preschooler has very little concept of time and thinks 2 years is more like 2 days so she's thrilled at that idea, but will be sorely disappointed when she has to wait more than 700 days! Evelyn was counting to 30 this morning, telling me not to help her and anxiously awaiting a new day of learning activities with Ms. TaWana. When I asked Evelyn what she wants to be when she grows up her answer was, "I want to be a Chicago worker, like where I was born, I want to be in Chicago." We'll see what that turns into, but I don't doubt that our sweet 3 year old has many great things in her future!  It's going to be a good year and it wouldn't be the start of the new school year without a few token photos and no, I didn't intend to put Evelyn in practically the same 1st day of school outfit that she wore last year, what can I say, our little Evelyn looks cute in denim. :)




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...