She said bye bye to her old room.
Read some stories to mommy.
We talked about old times.
And when we said "time for nite nite" she got up and headed out the bed.
(Which lead to an emergency google search "how to transition from crib to bed". Mom read up while Dad and Evelyn played 'getcha!'. We discovered there's nothing to it, and tried again.)
This time she stayed in bed.
And broke our hearts just a tiny little bit.
We sighed and hugged. Stood in the hallway helpless. Shouldn't she fight a little more? This should be a struggle. Why is she growing up so easily? I secretly hoped she would cry out for her daddy, "I'm not ready for this"-type tears, because I wasn't, ready for this.
But we could barely make out our baby Evelyn.




2 comments:
You guys are such great writers.. this made me get all choked up, I'll blame the pregnancy hormones :)
-Nicole (from Marquette)
Thanks Nicole, and I give credit to my husband! He is amazing and pulls together such thoughtful blog entries! How do our little ones grow up so quickly?!
Post a Comment